Welcome to the Green Garden Earth Newsletter
April 22, 2009. Happy Earth Day!
In this issue:
- Green Garden Earth news
- Absence of Disease or Life Objective? – Editor’s letter from the latest issue of Green Garden Earth Almanac.
- Awaiting feedback
Green Garden Earth news:
1. New GGE Almanac issue. The theme of the issue is Health, physical, emotional and spiritual.
2. GGE store page now features merchandise and the raw food products. For this Almanac issue we have the following health products:
– Fresh: The Ultimate Live-Food Cookbook by Boutenko family
– RAWKATHON, learn to be a raw foodist first-hand!
– Help yourself to get into your natural weight
– Rebuild your vision! Learn the eye exercises and why doctors don’t tell you your eyesight can be fixed naturally. It is possible to have 100% vision!
3. Tree Planting event in Toronto on April 26: http://www.greengardenearth.com/growatree/
4. GGE newsletter will be sent out weekly from now on.
Absence of Disease or Life Objective?
(Editor’s letter to the Health Issue of GGE Almanac)
By Julia Portna
In 1948, the World Health Assembly defined health as “a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” However, we usually tend to acknowledge problems with health only if we feel physical pain or see physical signs of disease.
Our body’s health, however, depends on our mental, emotional and social well-being. Ignoring negative emotions (loneliness, fear, apathy) and problems in personal life, we give green light to illnesses, diseases and obesity. At the same time, monitoring our emotions, tonus and social life and maintaining our overall well being, we promote our physical health. You can read about this in “Be Happy Stay Healthy” article of this issue.
Another definition, declared in 1986 the World Health Organization in the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion that health is “a resource for everyday life, not the objective of living. Health is a positive concept emphasizing social and personal resources, as well as physical capacities.”
This is a great statement to keep in mind! We do not live simply to be healthy. Our health and well being allow us to achieve our goals, realize our dreams and potential, and thus enjoy life and serve our purposes as humans.
We tend to concentrate too much on our health as an most important asset, setting health as our only goal. The experience shows, however, that the truly healthy people are those, who have much greater goals and dreams in life; those people, who are not just surviving, but lead an interesting and exciting life, with great accomplishments, starting with goals in life.
If you have any tips on physical, emotional or social well-being or would like to share your story or positive experience, please send us your article. We will be glad to publish it in the next issue if it is approved.
Continue reading the Health issue of the Green Garden Earth Almanac.
I would really appreciate feedback from the readers of this newsletter. As you getting to know me, I wouldn’t mind to know more about you. Who are you? What do you do? If you have a story to tell or a related business please send me information and I will promote it in this newsletter.
General inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Newsletter sign up: http://www.greengardenearth.com/green-garden-earth-newsletter/
Green Garden Earth Almanac email@example.com